Job Available: Indonesian Training and Projects Coordinator
EngageMedia is a burgeoning online video, networking, training and technology project focussed on social justice and environmental issues in the Asia-Pacific region. We are currently seeking to appoint a part-time Indonesian Training and Projects Coordinator to our growing team in Southeast Asia. This role will focus on coordinating training and other project requirements for the organisation and helping to develop and maintain working relationships with relevant video and campaigning organisations in the region.
The main duties for this position are:
- Organise and facilitate FOSS-based digital video distribution trainings and events in Indonesia and East Timor
- Organise and implement a series of “skills-building partnerships” with selected organisations in Indonesia and East Timor
- Develop key working relationships with external organisations, including building a contacts database
- Assist in the development of training materials
- Translate training, technical and promotional materials from English to Bahasa Indonesian
- Assist in providing editorial direction for the EngageMedia.org site
- Coordinate other Indonesian-based projects as required
The skills and experience required for this position are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of online and offline multimedia and communications tools
- An understanding of FOSS tools, principles and culture
- Video making skills with extensive knowledge of film and video culture
- Excellent coordination and project management skills
- Experience planning and coordinating events
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and develop new ideas
The successful candidate will be a native Bahasa Indonesian speaker with excellent written and verbal English skills.
Click here for full detail info.